A Guide to What Normal People Do When their Ad Campaign is About to Under-deliver
- They throw a fit and tell everyone how their ad campaign is about to under-deliver. “The worst has happened. The world will end. The FroYo Fruit Salad Cyber Monday Special ad campaign is about to under-deliver.”
- They cry to AdOps on Skype and demand that ALL the other campaigns be paused because “their” campaign is about to under-deliver.
- Then they send their client a super charming note asking for an extension of the campaign because the most amazing editorial piece on iceberg lettuce is going live exactly a day after the campaign is supposed to end. Naturally, they really should want their ads to show there!
- Continue throwing a fit around the office.
- Convince a CEO to approve an ad buy on Google that gets more traffic to the site and therefore secures more impressions for the campaign.
- Run a personal campaign on Facebook asking all of their friends to visit the site and read up on benefits of eating unpeeled fruits (because that’s where the roadblock is running).
- Chase the agency for approval to extend with a handwritten note glued to a box of chocolates (gluten free chocolates duhh!!)
- Finally, secure the approval to extend, then rub it in everyone else’s face because their campaigns were not approved for an extension in such a short time frame.